Monday, March 17, 2008

The Fear Of Giants

I heard a quote from the writings of the Chinese Martyr, Watchman Nee yesterday...He stated that: "Giants will never destroy you...the fear of giants is what will destroy you!"


When I heard that quote I immediately felt like it was written for me alone. Sometimes I feel afraid to even face the problems in life and they end up destroying me anyways. Don't be like the Israelites in the desert when they got to the promised land...they were afraid of the huge giants that occupied the land. You know the rest of the story after that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a good quote...you could almost fill in the blank with any word there:

______ will never destroy you...the fear of ____ is what will destroy you.

...that is unless you put God in those blanks. haha.

Bill Blackrick said...

good point CG

Monk-in-Training said...

Isn't it great when the Word so impacts your spirit?