Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A follow up on my Young Life Rant

Every now and then I am humbled. Looking back on my previous bash on Young Life probably was a little pre-mature and nicer words could have been used. For that I apologize to Young Life as a whole. After speaking with an anonymous YL leader from another part of the country he assured me that their ministry is Christ honoring and evangelistic. No ministry organization is perfect, mine is definitely not either...I guess I just got a little heated about this conversation I heard. From now on I will confront the brother\sister first before lashing out on my blog.

3 comments:

David Richardson said...

Bill - While I understand what you're saying about being "slow to anger". You've got a valid point. To me the BIGGEST problem is not you...it's that dude who is working with young people. He's the one that should apologize for being so doggone irresponsible. His remarks bother me MUCH MORE than your post. By the way, I admire you for handling this the way you did. It takes a strong man to admit that he may could handle things a little differently in the future. My hat's off to you, and I respect you, bro!

Bill Blackrick said...

thanks dude. I still feel like i should have "accidently" spilled my tea on him and said prophetically...That's only a little measure of pain compared to the pain God had when you gave beer to your youth!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Billy. I wonder how many Baptist youth ministers give beer to youth?