Monday, November 19, 2007

On to Psalms

For my normal readers, I have been going through the Bible from cover to cover and a few weeks ago I posted how I was struggling to get through the book of Job. Well I did finally finish it. I don't know why I get so weird when I read that book. The problem is not the length or anything but the content. Everytime I read about Job I am reminded of the foolishness I have when I worry about things like money, friends, work, the future, etc. Job never cursed God in his sorrow and pain. I have done it way too much. This past week I was in Daytona, Fl. and thought it very ironic that the same day I finished Job, I heard a sermon from Job by one of the speakers! It brought a fresh insight into how to read it the next time I venture into it. Well now it's on to Psalms and Proverbs! (wow...I'm half-way there!!!)

No comments: