Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Forgiven Again

I had the great pleaseure of meeting with Jack Price the owner of Prism Music Publishing this past tuesday morning. I with about 15 other worship leaders and choir members got to sit in and sing some of the new music being published for churches. Besides that awesome fact that the actual owner of the company cares enough to teach us the music shows how great this music is. One song we looked at is titled "Forgiven Again" here are the words (chorus in bold)

I'd left my family, the love I had known,
I couldn't believe how calloused I'd grown.
The I woke up one morning in cold freezing rain
and said I'll go back where I caused so much pain.
Just in sight of the place where the lane meets the road,
the Father was waiting to carry my load.
His big arms were open to draw me to Him;
Forgiven, Forgiven, Forgiven again!
If you've broken the trust and betrayed your best friend;
If you're lost and confused, wondering where it will end;
There's a way you can know that wherever you've been
you can make your way home and be forgiven again!

It's an awesome truth that no matter how far away we may run from God, his big arms are there open to accept us back into fellowship with him! Jesus knew while on the cross that we would sometimes doubt him, run away and deny him. Not only did he experience the physical anguish from the nails and the beatings but the emotional burden of his children rejecting him. He died so we can be forgiven, and stay forgiven!

2 comments:

muzik said...

I love it when you meet real people. I remember sitting with Richard Kingsmore at the Worship Expo 2003 & he took an hour of his time and talked with me about composition. He too was personable.

Bill Blackrick said...

I remember that expo...I learned how to play many percussion instruments becasue no one was willing to play it in the orchestra! I became the best suspended cymbal player this side of the Mississippi!