Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The World Is Your...Oyster Cracker?


O.k. This morning I was in our church's kitchen waiting on the stale Maxwell House coffee to brew so I can officially wake up when I saw it! On the counter was a box of Oyster Crackers from Publix that someone had left for some reason. Well it was a philosophical statement on the bottom of the box that intrigued me. "The World Is Your Oyster Cracker!" What could that possibly mean? I asked Pastor Ron to take a stab at it as he walked in and only got the same puzzled look I had. Going about my business this morning, all I can think about is how is my world like an oyster cracker. Was this some stupid saying they put on the box to get people's attention (it worked) or does it hold actual philosophical relevance? I want your opinions on this matter.
Possible Interpretations:
"You are what you eat?" well I am not an oyster but I am a Florida Cracker!
"The world is salty, flaky, and good with clam chowder?" hhhmmmm.
An oyster cracker is used to add flavor to a soup or salad so can we say the world adds flavor to our lives? What if you don't like oyster crackers? do you hate the world then? Maybe the answer isn't just about the cracker but whatever someone loves in life is considered to be their world! Is your world an oyster cracker?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wait, got it. just like the oyster cracker flavors soup - so we should be delicious flavorful goodness unto the world. no, wait...that would make the statement the other way around.

wow. publix dropped the ball on this one. hahaha!

Bill Blackrick said...

Jessica has made it clear that Publix was being creative with the old saying "the world is your oyster" by adding "cracker" on the end of it. i think they were trying to cause deep thought in the consumer's minds!