Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sit Down, Shut Up, and Enjoy the Ride!

Hello all! This is my first post on my own. You will be reading about what we went over in the Bible Study I lead on Monday Nights for women. I pray that it speaks to your heart also.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the Earth."

The title of this note comes from some great words of wisdom imparted from my dear friend Lisa Mead. One day I was complaining about all of the things that I wish I could be doing for God and wishing I were on a faster track to finding true joy in Christ. That is when Lisa flat out said "Just sit down, shut up, and enjoy the ride". Immediately I was flustered by this comment and her boldness, but then I realized she is so right!! This is what all of Psalm 46 is speaking of.

Do I want God as He is, or do I want to fit Him in my box? I want Him as He is!!! Why do I doubt Him continually? In this chapter of the Bible, we are reminded that God has all power and authority. We should not be looking to this world for stability or to our own visions for encouragement and passion, we should be looking to the Lord, God Almighty. "Therefore we will not fear, though the Earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea." (v.2) "God is within her, she will not fall." (v.5a) We have to choose to stand firm in our relationship with God and say:"I know that He will provide for me in the way that will glorify His name best, and I am okay with that. I do not need all of the things of this world. All that I need is my relationship with the Lord!!

"I am currently reading a great book entitled The DNA of Relationships by Dr.Gary Smalley. The chapter I am reading now specifically deals with the common misconception that if we are in Christ everything will work out just as our heart wants it. This is not necessarily true because God's plans are greater than our own. Chapter 9 in the previous mentioned book says: "So let me say it one more time. I have no magic pills. No secrets of guaranteed relationship success. Even so, I do have some solid and strong reassurance for those who may feel uneasy at the thought of a world without guarantees. I feel so confident because the reassurance comes straight from God's Word. And it drips with sweet serendipity:
'Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! He will make me as surefooted as the deer and bring me safely over the mountains.'" Habakkuk 3:17-19
I pray that these verses help give you the desire to change the way you view life. We need to view in the spiritual and not in the natural!!

Lord, please strengthen our relationships with You!! We want to have our focus only on You, and not on the things of the world which continually fail us. Lord, we love You and thank You for your promises to us. We know that You are who You say You are, and we praise You for it!!! Amen!!
-Written By Jessica =)

No comments: