Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Near Death Experience?

Well it's been a week now since I got the news that I was near death! I went to get new tires on my 99 Dodge Intrepid last Thursday when I started smelling gas. The tire place checked it for me while they changed the tires and noticed I was leaking fuel. I took it right away to the mechanic I know down the road. After he looked at it, he realized it was amazing the car hadn't literally blown up while I was driving it. Apparently, the gas line going into the engine had cracked open and was leaking fuel directly on the exhaust pipes!!! Well I'm glad that God looked after me in this situation. The fuel line has been hard to get and my car is still in the shop. I'm thankful I'm still alive...Now I'm praying God will provide the money to fix it as it will be at least 300-400 dollars for all the repairs.

update! the final bill was $422.06 (donations would be helpful!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Major expense. At least you can live knowing that you are alive and well. I once had a car in which I paid $300 to fix, only to have it give up the ghost a month later. I ended up paying a few K's later for a pre-owned vehicle. It's been 4 months since I purchased and so far so good. Hope all works out.

Bill Blackrick said...

thanks for the encouragement

Jake Belder said...

Whoa. That's scary. The good thing about gasoline is that it has tendency not to explode unless there is a spark present. Heat alone often is not enough to ignite it. So yeah, I guess you can thank your spark plug wires for doing the trick.