Monday, December 10, 2007

Searching For God Knows What Book Review


Well I finally found some time this week to finish Don Miller's book "Searching For God Knows What" It was amazing...in fact, I couldn't put it down once I was able to spend time with it. The holidays have taken all my personal enjoyment time away from me.

In this book, Miller raises a few points about the value of stuff, status, riches, competition, etc. for the human race. He even uses the idea of an alien coming from outer space and observing the differences between humans and aliens. Although this is quite comical, some good thoughts were addressed. Why do humans care so much about impressing other people? All that matters is a relationship with our creator, not being in constant competition with another person. Another theme Miller focused on was that of the life of Jesus, the Gospel of Jesus, and the prophesies fulfilled by Jesus.

If you have not read this book do it! If you've never read any Don Miller books...DO IT!!!!!

1 comment:

Nick said...

I agree, bill. SFGKW is amazing, Donald's best by far.

I have written quite a bit abouut don over at my blog, if you want to check it out.

http://nicksmusings.blogspot.com/search/label/Donald%20Miller