Friday, February 22, 2008

Can You Get "Moon-Burned"?


As I am writing this, the moon is very bright and full outside! For those of you actually got to see the lunar eclipse last night you are lucky (too cloudy in Florida to see) I was out enjoying life and walking around my apartment complex which I do when I want to think about things...I noticed the moon. Have you ever just stopped and stared at that thing? I ended up laying on the hood of my car and did nothing but stare into the brightness of the full moon. It's amazing that you can actually see the craters and spots from earth with the naked eye. I'm no expert on the moon but I do know that we only see one side of the moon ever due to its rotation timing with the earth's. This idea got me thinking about how Christians show only one side of their lives to people around them.

Christians seem to always get stereotyped as being hypocrites and such by society and there are many many many of them that deserve that title. Christians try to only show their better side when they are with people...who wants to show their dark side anyways right? It's easy to hide our problems, sins, and ugliness deep inside ourselves and act as if everything were perfect and bright, like the moon is right now. The truth is, we are human and we all have a dark side which we hide from others. Is this being genuine? There are so many passages in the Bible that deal with this kind of thing...what are your favorites?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. I love God moments like that. More Revelation Jesus!

Bill Blackrick said...

absolutely...sometimes the best lessons are learned while just sitting and looking at God's creation with no other distractions around you.