Thursday, February 7, 2008

To Shave Or Not To Shave


One thing I lack when I am sick is the desire to shave, or comb my hair. For the last two weeks now, I have been getting over and re-catching the cold. Hopefully now, it will stay gone. I noticed this evening in the mirror that I'm looking a little rough! I guess it's time to dust off the old Norelco and make my face as smooth as a baby's ....ummm, anyways. I remember a time in my childhood when I envied my dad and older brother because they got to shave! I wanted ever so badly to be as cool as them. I was exctatic when I finally was able to shave. I hate it now! Why can't people go around with long beards like in Bible days? How come that fashion trend was lost? Now I must shave to keep an "image" of a civilized human being. After all, who wants a minister with a scruffy face? Did Jesus have a beard? I should shave my whole body...I heard that itches after a few days though so maybe not! I'd like to say "Thanks A Lot" to the person who invented the razor...you really did mankind a lot of good!

1 comment:

Jake Belder said...

Ditto. Shaving blows. That's why I grew a beard. I've only had it about a month, but it cuts down huge on the shaving time. And for a daily shaver, that's a big deal.

Funny how in our individualist society, we are still forced to a great extent to fit a mold (ie. clean-shaven).