Sunday, January 13, 2008

An Accidental New Year's Resolution #2

Well the "fast" from television is over now. Our Rabbit Ears work now after some messing around with them. I enjoyed the free time not watching crap on t.v. but I have missed what's going on in the election process and the news. Jessica missed her reality shows.

Another "resolution" we both have been keeping though is to eat better foods, kick the soda drinks, and exercise more. We have been walking about 2.5 miles a day after work and it has been fun because we get to talk to each other and laugh while doing vigorous cardio. I want to get into biking again to really trim me back down to where my prime was in 2002. I used to bike about 7-9 miles a day and run too after working out in the gym. I was 175 lbs...then I met Jessica, started dating, got engaged, married and well....last year at this time I was 245 lbs.!!! I haven't been able to work out because our gym at the apartment complex is undergoing a makeover and all new equipment. I weighed myself on Saturday and I am now 222 lbs! My target is not to necessarily lose weight but to firm up and lose the fat. I wouldn't mind building more muscle mass so I can whoop up on my youth this summer at camp!

3 comments:

Jake Belder said...

Good to know the rabbit ears are working again :)

Yeah, getting fit...that's a tough one. It's so much easier not to be fit. Eating healthy requires thinking about it and planning, and (usually) spending more money. My wife, Robin, and I are trying to do so though also. We have a pair of bikes now, so we're going to take up riding. I weigh in at about 210 lbs. For 6'4", that's not really bad, but I carry the weight wrong. It should be muscle mass and not hanging around my stomach area. So I got to work on transferring that.

Anonymous said...

Loose soda drinks! Noooo. now THAT'S committment. haha. I'm not sure if i could do that....which brings me to a point where i say 'should I be giving those up too'. Ooah. the dilemma.

Bill Blackrick said...

Yeah guys it is tuff...I'm kickin the soda cause of all the sugar in one serving...diabetes runs in the family and i'm trying to avoid future problems. Hope you all can join me in living better