Monday, January 28, 2008

I Hate Being Sick

As the title implies...I caught a nasty cold over the weekend and it landed me in bed from Friday to Sunday morning. I should have had someone cover for me in worship on Sunday and stayed in bed, but my stubborn self pushed it (it's no fun breaking fevers in the middle of leading worship) I am looking forward to blogging about the accuracy, inerrancy, preservation of the Bible and how it relates to defending doctrines like the Holy Trinity, Salvation, and others. Anybody have any "old home remedies" for soar throats and coughing? I'M NOT GOING TO GARGLE SALT WATER!!!

2 comments:

Jake Belder said...

Yes, I have two, and they are both disgusting, but they work great.

1) Buckleys. A very potent, menthol-flavored cough medicine, available at any drug store. Their slogan actually is, "It tastes awful, and it works!" Which is exactly true.

2) A hot toddy. Brew a cup of green tea, and add a tablespoon of natural honey, and a shot of whiskey. As you're drinking it, inhale the vapors. it works great for easing chest congestion, nasal congestion, and it soothes your throat. But it tastes really, really bad.

Bill Blackrick said...

thanks for the advice