Sunday, January 6, 2008

Prayer Resolution

Hey Everyone...check out Desert Thirst by Christian Gowen. I have enjoyed reading it lately and he had this very challenging New Year's Resolution about praying for people.

When was the last time you prayed with someone else?
When was the last time you prayed with your husband/wife?
When was the last time you prayed with your best friend?
When was the last time you prayed with your son/daughters?
When was the last time you prayed with someone @ work?
When was the last time you prayed beyond the dinner table?
When was the last time you prayed for the person who passed you on the street?
When was the last time you went out of your way to ask if there was anything you could pray for in any one of those peoplese lives?
When was the last time you prayed with that person @ church?
Let me be blunt. I need to stop telling people I will pray for them and PRAY for them- let them HEAR my prayers. WE NEED TO PRAY TOGETHER, non-Christians, Christians alike. How are you with this?
My New Years Resolution: Pray for more people, and let my prayers be HEARD by those people…and then celebrate the victories in knowing the Lord WILL provide. His Faith is good enough for me.

No comments: