Friday, January 18, 2008

Rediscovering God in America Tour

I am looking forward to Monday and Tuesday the 21st-22nd as I am going to be in Orlando, Fl. with about 600 other pastors meeting with former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich about the current status of America and its losing faith of God. There will be other guest politicians and speakers like Tim Lahaye, Charles Stanley, and David Burton there as well. They are paying for our hotel and meals too which makes it more enjoyable to me also! I look forward to sharing with all of you about this time upon my return.

This Sunday morning's worship service was centered around the theme of Holiness. The music emphasized the holiness and purity in God and the message by pastor Ron dealt with being holy and pure because God is Holy. I'm convinced that the lack of understanding on what being holy is has been causing the church in whole to decline in morals, relevance, status among the community, and even attendance.

Today Jessica and I will be bringing home a new addition to the family! Penny, a beagle-mix was rescued from an abusive home and we are going to be its new LOVING family. Look for pictures of her shortly. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Jake Belder said...

Welcome to my city. I wish I'd heard of the conference earlier, I would've come and joined you. Sounds great!

Bill Blackrick said...

I unfortunately won't have my transportaion with me or I'd meet up with you for coffee or something. I don't even know when I'll be done at night. I didn't even think about you being from Orlando. My brother in law lives in orlando so whenever I go up there again with my wife we can chat. If you want to listen in on the conference you can online. I don't know the site but the conference is called Florida Renewal Project with Gingrich, Lahaye, Hagee. I am staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel (9840 Int.Drive) if you wanted to meet me there later tonight. The conference starts at 6:30 so i would guess it wouldn't last past 9:30 or 10