Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Reflections of Childhood Memories

Last night, Dan over at Jesus and Java and I were talking and for some reason we got on the subject of childrens' shows of the 80's and early 90's. It shocking how our memories make us feel when we realize how fast time has gone by. I absolutely loved this one show called "Today's Special" which was Canadian and ran on PBS from 1981-1987




it was about a department store manequine named Jeff that would come to life when the magic words were said at night.

Does anybody remember Bozo the Clown? I secretly wished I would go on his show and play a game with him.

Dan reminded me of the Nickelodian show "You Can't Do That On Television" does anyone remember the word you couldn't say or you'd get slimed? I feel like eating a "Barf Burger" for lunch!

There were some other shows that made the conversation like "Fraggle Rock" ,"Eureka's Castle", and "Double Dare"

What was your favorite Children's show growing up?

5 comments:

Bill Blackrick said...

I can't believe I forgot to mention Mr. Rogers...I watched him everyday at my Grandma's house

Jake Belder said...

You watched Today's Special? Wow, I didn't think anyone outside of Canada would ever know what that is. I am officially blown away.

Bill Blackrick said...

awesome...another fan!

Unknown said...

I loved "Lambchop" and then as I got older...Saved by the Bell and Growing Pains.

Bill Blackrick said...

ah...SBTB...the show where everyone wanted to be Zach, had a crush on Kelly but really acted like Screech!